Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Over the rainbow

Dorothy is locked in the witch's castle trying desperately to get home to Auntie Em. Yes, I'm watching The Wizard of Oz for the first time in ages. What a hoot. Love those magical ruby slippers.

I'm particularly intrigued to see it at this time. My book has a fantasy component and I like checking in on how others have done it. A few weeks ago I watched Catwoman for the same reason. Normal life happenings give way to some outsized fantasy scenario, sometimes as snippets throughout the piece and sometimes -- as in The Wizard of Oz -- sandwiched inside the normalcy.

How wonderful to go somewhere over the rainbow on a daring quest for a heart, a brain, courage and a trip home. And to find them in such a spiritual way.

Why oh why can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home