Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

My expanding world

It's amazing how the process of creating a new website forces us to ask questions that go far beyond the technical. My fab web guy, Pete Lacis, has broadened the scope of my thinking just by making a few simple suggestions or asking what seems to be a simple question on the surface. He thinks in a completely different way than I do, which means we complement each other very well. While I'm in my little web world tunnel, he's in the mindset of the big global Internet, you know?

For example, who is my audience? Potential life coaching clients? Readers of my FOXBusiness.com columns? Readers of my blog? All of the above? So then the tagline should reflect that, Peter suggests. Yes. It seems so clear now. Let's make that happen, I say. And he does.

This is our process and I am loving it.

It's a whole new world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the mini boost I needed to read! My Life Coaching website has been stalled for 2 months now and my next cool step is going to be to "go ahead already':) and ask an acquaintance/friend for help. I look forward to partnering with a more linear thinking person.

thanks again 4 sharing your experiences :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Nancy Colasurdo said...

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Good luck with it!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home