Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Validation

Rarely does a piece speak to me with the uncanny timing of columnist Lisa Kogan's in the November issue of O magazine. It's about Thanksgiving and families, specifically hers, but of course it's a universal theme.

One of my favorite passages:

... while I hardly qualify as the family's black sheep, in the race for odd duck I've broken away from the pack and am currently maintaining a significant lead.

One of my other favorite passages:

I'm not entirely sure why I never married. I've been accused of being too picky, too career oriented, too selfish, too difficult ... frankly I've always found myself to be utterly delightful (or at least no more ambitious, selfish, difficult than any of my married friends). Still in the interest of fairness, I invite those with opposing viewpoints to go ahead and vent away in their columns.

What can I possibly add to that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home