Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Memory lane

My journal entry from January 8, 1987:

It's funny how I was questioning myself all week on why I left Carter-Wallace. I may have been miserable, but I would have had money. Then I got my grades in the mail -- a 4.0!! What a feeling.

Wow. Carter-Wallace is the place I worked as a clerk before quitting to go back to college fulltime. Journaling is so powerful in how it lets us go back instantly to another place in our lives. I didn't remember that particular juxtaposition of emotions until I reread that passage last night. So much has changed and yet sometimes I wonder.

I love how the triumph comes on the heels of the dejection. We all know it happens the other way around, too.

It's called life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Sometimes I've looked back in diaries from years ago and found that I was weighed down by some situation or relationship - and that I have absolutely no recollection of who or what it was! That's nice, to see that situations do clear up.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home