Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Shopping fantasy

One of my favorite TV shows is What Not To Wear. Tonight they took me on a fantasy ride. Usually the show's hosts whisk someone away to New York and give him or her a Visa card worth $5,000 to buy a new wardrobe. The one condition is that they must give up their current wardrobe.

Tonight, though, they awarded a trip to Paris and a $50,000 card to a very lucky woman. I was flabbergasted watching this show. I mean, imagine walking into an Armani store and just dropping cash at the sight of something fabulous. The Moschino store had a chandelier made of glass slippers. So luxurious!

In the Christian Lacroix store, they had laid out countless outfits in her size and reserved the entire second floor salon for her. After she picked what she liked, they tailored everything to fit perfectly. I'm salivating over here. I'm not kidding. And don't get me started on the shoes.

The hosts asked the woman if she can remember the first time she dropped real money on a piece of clothing or an outfit. That got me thinking about my white linen suit trimmed in gold and the gold pumps I wore with it. (It was the sparkly 80s, so cut me some slack.) It was the greatest feeling to wear that ensemble. So fitted and well-made and sexy.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ...

OK, I've now lived vicariously through that woman and enjoyed every minute of it.

Did someone say Pucci?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Rutherford said...

Okay, now do a post on just the shoes.

I worked with an art director who dressed well from neck to heels, and outrageously well in the glasses and shoes department. She was from Montreal, with a heavy emphasis on the french, and her collection of shoes and glasses was to die for. Weird heavy black glasses. Tiny rimless glasses. Green glasses. Glittery shoes. Platform shoes. Dominatrix shoes.

Mmm, shoes...

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home