Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Luck of the draw

Too much dancing to report from Asheville, N.C. last night. Dueling pianos. Lots of fun.

However, I can't let 24 hours go by before talking about my fabulous scores on the day. First, eight people here won the chance to have lunch with Anthony F. Smith -- co-founder and managing director of Leadership Research Institute -- yesterday and, yes, I was one of them. Watching him speak to our big group all morning, with questions and conversation in between, felt a bit like peeling an onion. Lunch was a chance to experience him in a relaxed atmosphere and go one on one. I bought his book, The Taboos of Leadership: The Ten Secrets No One Will Tell You About Leaders and What They Really Think, so more to come on that.

Then I won a raffle in the afternoon, a one-night stay at a spa in Monterey, Calif.

Not a bad haul, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home