Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

More on Umbertina

Still reading Umbertina and enjoying it immensely. A favorite sentence:

She saw the Italian women, how sure they were of themselves; and she despised her soft, round childish face and Italian-American uneasiness.

There is so much astute information loaded into that sentence. Let's leave it there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,

Big fan of your blog. You always have something intelligent and interesting to write about, so thanks.

I just wanted to recommend this program http://www.ilchiostro.com/about.htm

There is a writing workshop that I am going to do this summer. It is a week long, and run by some great writers, including my writing teacher at NYU, who recommended it to me. She has published a few books and is quite insightful.

I think you said you were working on some writing (you wrote in one of your entries), and also wrote that Italy was a destination you'd like to get to soon.

I'm in agreement with those thoughts, and couldn't help myself from recommending this to you.

I am also working on a manuscript and hope to make some headway on it this summer. And also enjoy the Italian summer.

Thanks again for your thoughts,

AJC

4:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy Colasurdo said...

Wow. Thanks so much for writing.

I checked out the link and I'm intrigued. You've kind of read my mind. I just submitted an application for a fellowship for a workshop in Florence this summer. But I am entertaining lots of options because I am determined to finish my book and spend time in Italy.

Thank you for the information. I hope our paths cross!

Nancy

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home