Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Low end high

OK, I may as well just say it. I bought a pair of shoes at Payless. I still can't believe it. I cannot stand that cheesy store. And yet ...

So I have a few skirts that can swing from summer to fall. Problem is, I only have sandals to wear with them and I can't bring myself to do open-toe shoes at this point in the year. At least not to work. So I needed transition shoes. Something made me stop in Payless just for the hell of it. And what do I see? Black suede slingbacks with a nice heel and a bow on the front. Exactly what I need. So I put them on and they're as comfortable as can be. They look expensive. Hmmmmm. Too good to be true? I look at the price -- they're $16.99! Are you kidding me? Wrap 'em up.

Frankly, the rest of the selections there didn't do much for me. But I found my gem and made for the register. Already tried them on with the skirts. So great. One little purchase can have a major impact. I love the challenge of that, the creativity of it.

I'll be strutting in them tomorrow morning ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LiveJournal adds Schools Directory feature
Well, it looks like Six Apart is taking some inspiration from the old dope peddler's playbook: "Get 'em while they're young." LiveJournal's new Schools Directory feature stands to pull in a lot of fresh faces ...
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse news related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse news

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home