Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Dream interrupted

I had a vivid dream last night. It was so disturbing. I went to bed at about 2 a.m. and fell asleep almost immediately. I must have started dreaming right away:

There was a man trying to climb in my window. I live on the first floor, but my windows are high enough off the ground where someone would need a ladder or boost of some kind to reach. He tried and gave up. Then he came back. Tried again. Couldn't get in. Then someone else tried. There were several in a row. They were relentless. They couldn't get in. I saw them and picked up the phone to call the police. I tried information and got the wrong number. I tried to look it up myself and couldn't find it. I tried to call "0" and have them put me through. Nothing worked. I heard something by my apartment door. I got up to look. The door was wide open. That's when I noticed the bathroom door was closed over -- someone was hiding in there. I ran out the front door and closed it behind me. I held the knob to keep the intruder inside. I held it very tightly.

Suddenly I woke up with a start. It was 2:44 a.m. I hadn't even been sleeping that long. I got up, checked the locks on my front door and jammed a wooden stick above the window frame.

It was chilling. I slept soundly. I wonder what it all means.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

That's scary. You've described it so vividly. Maybe something to do with the emotions you mention no the 16th? Or perhaps just something you ate... My mother would say it was the weather. Sleep well!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home