Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Lazy thoughts

I love my Artist's Way group. I just had to say that. We meet here every Thursday and tonight we did Week 9. It's the chapter about compassion to oneself.

Some quotes from the chapter:

Blocked artists are not lazy. They are blocked.

Do not call the inability to start laziness. Call it fear.

Do not call procrastination laziness. Call it fear.

Bam. Bam. Bam. Julia Cameron just zings them in there, doesn't she? She also talks about discipline with a neat twist. We're so proud of ourselves when we're disciplined that it becomes the focus rather than the creative outflow. Yes.

The students in the group are so engaged in the material and open to insights and growth. It's a wholly gratifying experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home