Write Thinking

Perspectives from a writer & life coach indulging her desire to intersect those two passions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

I am a practicing life coach who is currently writing a life coaching column called Game Plan for Foxbusiness.com: http://nancola.com/pages/press.html. I am also working on a book about the power and magic of life coaching.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Train of thought

I have come to treasure the two-hour train ride to my parents' house. It's a direct train from Hoboken to the Jersey Shore; since it originates in Hoboken, where I live, I can simply walk five blocks, buy a ticket, put my luggage overhead and then settle in with a good book or my journal. The last few times, I've taken the laptop and worked on my book. There's nothing like a nice window seat, plenty of room to spread out (if the train isn't crowded), and the chance to concentrate on nothing but my art.

Today I wrote and wrote as town after town went by my window. I streamlined some things. Got in a groove.

My Christmas present to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Rutherford said...

That sounds like heaven. A short walk, a long train ride, an effortless retreat/commute.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home